Mechanisms of RLT-Vet as described by the manufacturer and Sound-Eklin
- Analgesic effect
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage
- Reduction of inflammation
- Cell cycle restoration
- Conversion of fibrocytes to fibroblasts (fibroblasts remove/reduce scar tissue)
- Stimulate production of extracellular matrix
- Stimulate production of collagen fibers and elastin
- Recovery of elasticity
- Physiological cell differentiation
- Physiological spatial collagen realignment
- Recovery of firmness and strength
- Restoration of tissue to original condition
Regenerate-Rehabilitate as described by Sound-Eklin
Previously thought untreatable career ending injuries are reversing, horses are healing faster and resuming training sooner. Sound-Eklin and internationally renowned medical laser innovator, El.En have joined forces to bring the ground-breaking RLT-Vet Regenerative Laser Therapy System to equine medicine.
Early results demonstrate:
Repair of ligament and tendon lesions
- Reduction of scar tissue within and around tendons
- Normalization of muscle fibers and function
Shallow penetration due to skin melanin, hemoglobin and tissue water absorbing laser light has limited the effectiveness of low level laser therapy (LLLT) to superficial applications. Pulsed high intensity laser therapy utilized by the RLT-Vet, safely delivers energy to deep structures, yielding extraordinary therapeutic results. Treatment of tissue even within the hoof capsule is now possible.
In application, three phases of therapy are employed; Rebalancing Phase-where
swelling, inflammation and scar tissue is reduced; Regeneration Phase-when damaged tissue is restored: Rehabilitation Phase-where firmness, strength and functionality of tissue is recovered.